Re: hp 3300c
Re: hp 3300c
[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followups ] [ FAQ ] [ Back to Messages ]
Posted by Kirkster on November 14, 2001 at 21:08:11:
In Reply to: hp 3300c posted by Omer fahri on September 07, 2001 at 03:41:35:
: Hp scanjet 3300c scanner driver windows 2000
Note: This tip is for installing HP3300C onto a clean install of Win 2000.
First, delete any installation for the 3300C that is on your PC using the Uninstall program.
Then follow these instructions:
1. Restart. Your PC will recognize the 3300C and prompt you to install the driver (this is a mean and dirty trick Microsoft plays, as you will be frustrated and will not be able to use your scanner after this install)
Press cancel and exit the auto install.
2. Go to HP's web site and download the "Update driver for Win2000 users installing the HP3300C" (This executable will work if you upgraded from W95 or W98, but not if you have a clean install)
HOWEVER, YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THIS AND SAVE IT TO YOUR HARD DRIVE.
3. Right click on the executable, and select "extract to...". Then place all the files in a convenient location that you will remember where they are.
4. Right click on "MY Computer". Select "Hardware", then "Device Manager". You will find a yellow circle with an exclamation point in it with the 3300C next to it.
5. Right click on this device and select "update driver". When prompted whether to search or choose from a list, select "Choose from a list of known drivers".
6. At the next screen, click "Have Disk" and browse to the location where you extracted the update files to. Click "continue" until finished.
7. You will get a couple of errors at the very end of installation, but don't worry. You will now be able to use your HP 3300C.
Post a Followup