Re: HP LASERJET IID Dos Driver
Re: HP LASERJET IID Dos Driver
[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followups ] [ FAQ ] [ Back to Messages ]
Posted by Tony Waldron on April 05, 2000 at 00:32:44:
In Reply to: HP LASERJET IID Dos Driver posted by John Ashley on April 04, 2000 at 21:24:21:
ISSUE: Basics of printing from DOS on HP LaserJet printers.
SOLUTION: See the information below:
Printing From DOS
The HP LaserJet printer composes a page of information before it prints it. The default for most HP LaserJet printers is a page of 60 lines of text per page.
When a print command is issued from DOS, DOS sends ASCII text characters to the printer. DOS does not send any other printer setup information such as font type, orientation, or page eject commands. Because no form feed/page eject commands are sent from DOS, the printer will wait until one of two things happen:
1. The 60-line text buffer in the HP LaserJet printer is filled.
2. A form feed or page eject command is issued to the HP LaserJet printer.
In the case of Print Screens, Print, or Copy commands from DOS, the HP LaserJet printer's buffer may not fill to the 60 line maximum. To eject a page in these cases, do one of the following:
1. Manually eject the page from the HP LaserJet printer.
2. For HP LaserJet printers that do not have front menu panels, press and release the front panel button or the Go button.
For HP LaserJet printers with front menu panels, do the following:
1. Verify that the Form Feed light is on.
2. If the Form Feed light is on, take the printer offline by pressing the On Line key.
3. Press the Form Feed key.
4. Put the printer back online by pressing the On Line key.
Send a page eject printer setup command to the HP LaserJet printer. This command can be found in the HP LaserJet Printer User's Manual in the PCL PRINTER COMMAND section.
Line draw characters from DOS
In some instances, printouts may have characters printing where lines should be. This occurs because the HP LaserJet printer's default Symbol Set is Roman-8. This Symbol Set does not contain line draw characters. To change the Symbol Set to PC-8, for line draw characters, do the following:
1. For the HP LaserJet printers that do not have front menu panels, use the Remote Control Panel in the Explorer system to change this setting.
2. For the HP LaserJet printers with front menu panels, change the front panel of the printer to the PC-8 /IBM US Symbol Set. See your User's Manual for instructions pertaining to your particular printer.
3. Send the printer command for the PC-8 Symbols set prior to printing your print screen. This command can be found in the HP LaserJet Printer User's Manual in the PCL PRINTER COMMAND section.
Copyright (C) Hewlett-Packard Co. 1999
This information is subject to change without notice and
is provided "as is" with no warranty.
Hewlett-Packard shall not be liable for any direct,
indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages
in connection with the use of this material.
More info can be found on the HP site listed here;
Copy the line above to your address bar and download what you want.
The link below goes to my web site
Post a Followup