Re: Need help badly accidentaly formatted hard drive

Re: Need help badly accidentaly formatted hard drive

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followups ] [ FAQ ]
[ Back to Messages ]

Posted by colin on July 27, 2001 at 19:02:26:

In Reply to: Need help badly accidentaly formatted hard drive posted by A guy needing assistance on July 25, 2001 at 19:34:51:

You can send the drive to ontrack who are data recovery specialist, they unformat by overlaying a second layer of 0 or 1 which can then be read, mostly, by their software. If you try to use a 'home use' solution you are going to obliterate some of the top layer which will render that data invalid forever. You need you data to be very important for this job because 'ontrack' use clean rooms and controlled atmospheres etc; so its not expensive, its very expensive.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Please note:
  • Messages must be on the topic of this forum!
  • No posting of requests for cracks, codes, serials, or warez!
  • No posting of illegal software or links to such sites!
  • No use of profanity or inappropriate or offensive language!
  • Spamming is not allowed!
  • We track the IP addresses of forum abusers!
  • Abuse of this forum will be reported to your ISP!
E-Mail (optional):
please note: your e-mail address will be visible in your message.



Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: