Re: display settings help needed urgently

Re: display settings help needed urgently

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followups ] [ FAQ ]
[ Back to Messages ]

Posted by saleem on November 05, 2001 at 16:56:52:

In Reply to: display settings help needed urgently posted by heather on October 25, 2001 at 16:22:31:

There are two types of display card, one type is built in with your mainboard and other type is seprate display card. if ur card is built in then open ur computer cover and look on the main board for main chips (ICs). the common chips for built in graphic card are, SIS, Navidia, Trident, Vodoo, STB, S3 Trio, etc. if you found that type of chip the note the nmber after the name or below the name of that chip. that number is ur graphic card model number. suppose u found SIS chip and the number is 4934 then u have SIS 4934 graphic card. once u found this then u can get easily it's dirver from the web using any search engine. if u have seprate Graphic card then remove the card from the slot and look on it's main chip. there also u can find that types of names and numbers. the same above rule is applied. u can also find ur sound card in the same way. the common sound cards manufacturers are, Creative, Yamaha, OPTi,


Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Please note:
  • Messages must be on the topic of this forum!
  • No posting of requests for cracks, codes, serials, or warez!
  • No posting of illegal software or links to such sites!
  • No use of profanity or inappropriate or offensive language!
  • Spamming is not allowed!
  • We track the IP addresses of forum abusers!
  • Abuse of this forum will be reported to your ISP!
E-Mail (optional):
please note: your e-mail address will be visible in your message.



Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: