Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback
Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback
[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followups ] [ FAQ ] [ Back to Messages ]
Posted by Lucky Suerte on September 04, 2004 at 02:19:30:
In Reply to: Re: Toshiba Tecra 8000 No Sound posted by Diego on July 22, 2004 at 01:36:49:
Me too; anybody hear anything? I am running XP Professional SP2
: yeah i'm having the same problem...i find it quite starnge that toshiba doesn't mention that problem nowhere...go see this link for my problem
: The Toshiba Tecra S1 No Audio/Sound Problem: Full Details & Request For Help
: Subject: The Toshiba Tecra S1 No Audio/Sound Problem: Full Details & Request For Help
: From: Doctor S
: Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.music, comp.sys.laptops, microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support, japan.comp.toshiba
: Date: Mar 11 2004 00:18:52
: (Please excuse the cross-posting: I have posted to every forum I have ever
: found an instance of this issue mentioned in an effort to tie everything
: I am hoping someone out there has resolved the following audio issue with
: the Toshiba Tecra S1 laptop.
: Multiple instances of the problem have been posted across the web and I have
: referenced five of these below.
: Audio is working fine, then:
: 1. 'Slow' sound (like a tape played half speed or with flat batteries) from
: system speakers and from headphones via headphone jack.
: 2. This is for sound produced by any application: WMP, MusicMatch,
: RealPlayer, Windows start-up and shutdown, PowerDVD - anything!
: 3. The sound source can be a .wav, .mp3, realmedia, traditional music CD or
: a DVD - anything!
: 4. Eventually no sound at all comes from system speakers or from headphones
: via headphone jack.
: 5. However, if one 'jiggles' the headphone plug in the headphone jack, sound
: (still 'slowed') comes from headphones or system speakers but sound is one
: channel only (i.e. not stereo). This is hard to maintain as one must hold
: the headphone plug with pressure and jiggle it about in order to make this
: See the five referenced posts below for other descriptions of these
: FIX ATTEMPTS:
: .. I have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers and devices (CD Drive/Modem/Sound
: .. I run Win XP OS.
: .. I have booted with all services disabled.
: .. I have run the DirectX diagnostics and disabled acceleration.
: .. I have made sure I have not accidentally tripped Win Media Player's
: 'speed' setting.
: .. I am running the latest Toshiba Tecra S1 BIOS.
: .. I am using the latest sound card driver and have uninstalled/reinstalled
: the driver.
: .. No warning triangles in Device Manager "device is working"
: .. Every other aspect of the Tecra S1 is working fine.
: US have no mention of this issue on their site.
: Toshiba Australia have told me by phone that, irrespective of the multiple
: instances of this unique error, they deny any problems of this kind with the
: Tecra S1.
: ANYONE KNOW MORE?
: Obi Wan, Yoda, The One, Anyone? Has anyone resolved this issue?
: Please let us all know via these forums.
: Fingers crossed! :-)
: Dr. S.
: Here are multiple instances of Toshiba Tecra S1 owners experiencing exactly
: the same symptoms. Each complaint is clearly just a different way of
: describing the above symptoms.
: ---- INSTANCE 1 ----
: From: Nick (firstname.lastname@example.org)
: Subject: Slow Audio Playback
: Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.music
: Date: 2003-12-01 06:00:28 PST
: I have a Toshiba Tecra S1 with XP Pro. The laptop is
: playing all audio too slowly. This includes MP3s on the
: hard drive, CDs, DVDs & streaming, and it happens on
: whatever media player I use. Strangely enough, it only
: happens about 80% of the time, and occasionaly works OK.
: Toshiba don't have a clue, and I have updated the sound
: card drivers and de/reinstalled the media players, but it
: still has the problem. Anyone got any ideas?
: The audio is playing as if it were a tape player that was
: low on batteries, so al voices sound much lower than they
: really are!
: INSTANCE 1 LINK:
: ---- INSTANCE 2 ----
: From: Sharyn (email@example.com)
: Subject: Audio has stopped working
: Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,
: Date: 2003-12-30 19:10:19 PST
: I have a Toshiba Tecra S1 laptop running XP. It has a
: built in SoundMax device with a driver dated Nov 2002. I
: have just loaded DirectX 9.0b.
: The sound was working fine after the installation of the
: DirectX update, however it suddenly stopped working (may
: have been after a reboot).
: There is now NO sound (system or otherwise) from the
: laptop, however all diagnostics and testing and device
: checks show that everything is working ok and I get no
: errors anywhere indicating that anything is wrong.
: All help appreciated.
: Thanks, Sharyn
: INSTANCE 2 LINK:
: ---- INSTANCE 3 -----
: "Sound Card sucks" 20-Nov-2003 09:21:13 AM
: Cons: Sound card is crappy. Sound cards have bugged out. No sound unless
: headphones or speakers plugged in, and half the sound comes out at best.
: INSTANCE 3 LINK:
: ---- INSTANCE 4 -----
: "toshiba laptop music slows down by half" 2004-02-10 23:28:17 PST
: Dear all,
: I need some advice on this. I have a Toshiba Tecra 1.5 GHz, 512 Mb.
: Recently the sound/music is playing up in that:
: 1) with the fist boot up, every bit of sound/music slows down by half.
: Kylie Minogue sounds like Frank Sinatra.
: 2) But with a reboot, the sound playback speed returns to normal!
: However, this happy state of things didn't last. Now the sound/music
: just stays half speed."
: INSTANCE 4 LINK:
: ---- INSTANCE 5 ----
: "All sounds slow on Tecra S1" 2004-01-13 09:50:55 PST
: "I guess this is more a software issue but I haven't come across it on
: any other machine, ever. When I reboot and sometimes on a cold boot, all
: sounds are slow on the machine. That is, music, voice (on VoIP phone),
: windows bootup music, videos etc all play around half speed.
: A shut down and reboot usually fixes it but I haven't been able to
: figure out the problem. I have the latest BIOS and all the latest
: drivers. Am running XP Pro that came with the machine.
: Anyone got any ideas?"
: INSTANCE 5 LINK:
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback - USB MICE RELATED? ks in toronto 13:42:39 4/12/05 (0)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback lars 12:44:42 1/14/05 (0)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback cn007 23:40:53 12/01/04 (0)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback Marnix Koster 14:14:05 11/24/04 (1)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback Wojtek 16:42:51 7/11/05 (0)
- [Solution] Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback joeTL 17:11:15 11/01/04 (1)
- Re: [Solution] Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback Huebs 15:18:12 11/19/04 (0)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback Billy DeWolf 13:40:12 10/24/04 (0)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback Dick Osborne 12:53:49 10/15/04 (0)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback rob 01:50:30 10/14/04 (17)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback Bob 11:38:25 12/10/06 (0)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback Aillith 22:59:12 2/26/05 (0)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback Zsombor Zsuffa 08:51:52 12/13/04 (6)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback Patrick 18:04:54 6/26/05 (0)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback Henk 16:36:32 3/27/05 (0)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback GregG 01:44:57 2/22/05 (3)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback fred 15:42:33 12/05/04 (7)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback james foster 19:23:02 5/17/07 (0)
- mistress Kansas | femdom Omaha | free Femdom Pic | virgina Slims Cigarettes Bdsm Female Domination | Lynn 21:58:35 11/20/05 (3)
- Other Fix (sort of) Serge 13:03:37 11/04/05 (0)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback Justin 16:16:58 8/10/05 (0)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback K Sunn in Toronto 03:46:14 10/12/04 (3)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback K S in Toronto 20:40:03 10/13/04 (2)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback - POTENTIAL FIX?! K S in Toronto 15:30:46 10/14/04 (1)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback - POTENTIAL FIX?! K Sunn in Toronto 08:52:45 10/22/04 (0)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback Harry 16:51:35 9/21/04 (11)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback Scott 09:49:51 9/28/04 (10)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback Scott 09:59:10 9/28/04 (9)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback david 23:01:12 10/04/04 (8)
- black jack card game black jack card game 09:46:52 8/16/05 (0)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback salon 06:22:29 3/12/05 (0)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback Sando 02:56:52 2/28/05 (0)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback Jirnsum 14:55:47 10/26/04 (1)
- test - ignore Margaret 21:25:11 1/31/05 (0)
- Re: Toshiba Tecra S1 has Slow Audio Playback Chris K. 02:37:17 10/10/04 (2)
Post a Followup